The Perth Scorchers will be the last team to begin their BBL 2021-22 season, but they are the team we are most excited about. They have some of the best players in Australia on their team, and they promise to be a lot of fun to watch. In this match, they will face the Brisbane Heat, a team that began with a dismal win after failing with the bat and employing some unusual fielding tactics.
The match will take place on December 8, 2021, at the Perth Stadium in Perth.
Match Details to Note
Match: Perth Scorchers vs Brisbane Heat, 5th Match, Big Bash League 2021-22
Date: December 08, 2021 (Wednesday)
Time: 4:05 PM IST
Venue: Perth Stadium, Perth
Perth Scorchers vs Brisbane Heat Team Previews
Mitchell Marsh, who was instrumental in Australia’s T20 World Cup victory, leads the Perth Scorchers. He’ll bat third and try to set the pace of the inning. We believe Mitchell Marsh is a fantastic pick for the ‘To Hit A Six’ betting market as well as the ‘Top Batsman Perth Scorchers’ betting market.
Cameron Bancroft, Josh Inglis, Colin Munro, and Ashton Turner are the other batsmen who will make the squad. With Ashton Agar as the all-rounder, the team has some pretty solid batting depth. Bowling has traditionally been a strong suit for the Scorchers, and that appears to be the case this time as well.
Fast bowlers Andrew Tye, Jason Behrendorff, and Matthew Kelly could be in the lineup, with spinners Ashton Agar and Peter Hatzglou. We enjoy watching Hatzglou bowl, and the Scorchers made an excellent choice in selecting him. He’ll be able to take advantage of the bounce in the surface and could be a great value pick in the ‘Top Bowler Perth Scorchers’ betting market.
Perth Scorchers Squad
Ashton Agar, Cameron Bancroft, Jason Behrendorff, Aaron Hardie, Peter Hatzoglou, Josh Inglis, Matthew Kelly, Mitch Marsh, Lance Morris, Kurtis Patterson, Jhye Richardson, Ashton Turner, Andrew Tye, Colin Munro, Brydon Carse, Laurie Evans
Predicted XI: Cameron Bancroft (wk), Colin Munro, Laurie Evans, Ashton Turner, Kurtis Patterson, Aaron Hardie, Matthew Kelly, Lance Morris, Andrew Tye, Jason Behrendorff, Peter Hatzoglou
The Brisbane Heat struggled in their first match. It never seemed to be ahead of Sydney Thunder at any point in the game and was always playing catchup. The batting order appears to be quite vulnerable now that Lynn is no longer the player he once was. Max Bryant is far too erratic and frequently loses his wicket.
Throughout the Big Bash, it would not be a bad betting strategy to simply bet against Lynn and Bryant whenever possible! We believe you will be profitable in the end.
The Brisbane Heat’s batting lineup appears to be underwhelming at the moment and will struggle in most matches.
The bowlers did a good job defending a low total, but they simply had too much to do. Mujeeb ur Rahman, Xavier Bartlett, and Jack Wildermuth should be able to put the Scorchers on the back foot in this match as well.
Brisbane Heat Squad
Xavier Bartlett, Tom Cooper, Sam Heazlett, Chris Lynn, Mujeeb ur Rahman, Jimmy Pierson (c), Mark Steketee, Mitchell Swepson, Matthew Williams, Marnus Labuschagne, Michael Neser, Ben Duckett, Tom Abell, Jack Wildermuth, James Bazley, Matt Kuhnemann, Max Bryant, Connor Sully
Predicted XI: Chris Lynn, Max Bryant, Ben Duckett, Sam Heazlett, Jimmy Peirson (c & wk), Jack Wildermuth, James Bazley, Xavier Bartlett, Matthew Kuhnemann, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Liam Guthrie
Perth Scorchers vs Brisbane Heat Toss Prediction
The team that wins the toss will want to field first. Because the pitch is unlikely to change, having a target to help pace the inning may not be a bad thing.
Pitch and Weather Conditions
The game will take place at Perth Stadium. The Optus Stadium has a capacity of 61,266 spectators and has previously hosted 2 ODIs, 1 T20I, and 20 domestic T20s.
On the day of the game, the weather will be clear and windy. The temperature will range from 39°C to 25°C, with winds ranging from 25kmph to 40kmph. The pitch is equally favourable to batters and bowlers. The Scorchers and Heat are locked in a close battle.
Perth Scorchers vs Brisbane Heat Match Prediction
We have no reservations in picking the Perth Scorchers to win this game. We believe they have the better batting lineup, a stronger bowling attack, and are playing at home. The Brisbane Heat struggled in their first match and could be heading for a second defeat.
Perth Scorchers is the favourite to beat Brisbane Heat at the odds of 1.60.
- The Perth Scorchers finished second in the Big Bash League last season.
- Last season in the Challenger, the Scorchers defeated the Brisbane Heat by 49 runs (DL method) to advance to the finals.
- The Scorchers have won four of their last five games against the Brisbane Heat.
Your ComeOn Recommended Betting Odds
- AJ Tye is priced at 3.50 odds to be the top bowler for Perth Scorchers. BET NOW!
- In the market for the Player of the Match, C Munro is leading with odds of 8.00. BET NOW!
- In the market for the Highest Opening Partnership the odds for Perth Scorchers is 1.90 and that for Brisbane Heat is also 1.90. BET NOW!
- In the market for Most Match Sixes in the game, the odds for Perth Scorchers is 1.85 and that for Brisbane Heat is 2.30. BET NOW!
- In the market for Most Match Fours in the game, the odds for Perth Scorchers is 1.75 and that for Brisbane Heat is 2.30. BET NOW!
- In the market for Most Run Outs in the game, the odds for Perth Scorchers is 3.60 and that for Brisbane Heat is also 3.60. BET NOW!
- In the market for Team To Make Highest 1st 6 Overs Score in the game, the odds for Perth Scorchers is 1.72 and that for Brisbane Heat is also 2.10. BET NOW!