On November 29, Oman and the UAE will face off in the third match of the tri-series at Windhoek’s Wanderers Cricket Ground.
Oman has already played two games in the series against Namibia and is somewhat settled in terms of conditions. The team led by Zeeshan Maqsood lost their first game but won big in their second.
The middle-order batter Ayaan Khan and all-rounder Zeeshan Maqsood stole the show for the Oman team, who will be looking to extend their lead in the Super League.
Oman currently leads the Super League 2 points table with 14 wins in 20 games and 29 points.
Meanwhile, Ahmed Raza will lead the UAE. In their XI, they have some exceptional bat and ball players. All they need to do is put on a good show as a group to get the series started.
The test match will be held at Wanderers Cricket Ground in Windhoek on November 29th, 2021.
Match Details to Note
Match: Oman vs United Arab Emirates, 3rd Match, ICC Cricket World Cup League Two 2019-23
Date: November 29, 2021 (Monday)
Time: 1:00 PM IST
Venue: Wanderers Cricket Ground, Windhoek
Oman vs United Arab Emirates Team Previews
Oman’s greatest strength is its batting, which allowed it to score 291 in the previous match. Runs were scored by Kashyap, Illyas, Ayaan Khan, and a few others. It could be argued that their best batsman, Jatindar Singh, did not even contribute, implying that the batting still has more to offer.
Oman’s bowling lineup is its most serious flaw. It almost failed to defend 291 against Namibia, eventually winning by 10 runs. A spin-heavy bowling attack may struggle in these conditions, but the UAE may not have the batting to capitalise on this.
Kashyap Prajapati, Jatinder Singh, Aqib Ilyas, Ayaan Khan, Mohammad Nadeem, Zeeshan Maqsood (c), Sandeep Goud, Suraj Kumar (wk), Nestor Dhamba, Khawar Ali, Bilal Khan, Naseem Khushi, Kaleemullah, Fayyaz Butt
Predicted XI: Kashyap Prajapati, Jatinder Singh, Aqib Ilyas, Ayaan Khan, Mohammad Nadeem, Zeeshan Maqsood (c), Sandeep Goud, Suraj Kumar (wk), Nestor Dhamba, Khawar Ali, Bilal Khan
The UAE has some very good associate players, but it appears that they peaked a few years ago. The replacement players have yet to arrive, and the team appears to be losing quality. Chirag Sure, Rohan Mustafa, and Ahmed Raza will need to lead from the front if the UAE is to have a chance in this and future matches.
The batting lineup appears to be a little weak and power-deficient. We also believe it lacks the depth that Oman currently possesses. On the bowling front, the UAE is dealing with many of the same issues that Oman is. Its bowling lineup is dominated by spinners, which may not work well in Namibia.
United Arab Emirates Squad
Chirag Suri, Vriitya Aravind (wk), Rohan Mustafa, Muhammad Usman, Basil Hameed, Chundangapoyil Rizwan, Ahmed Raza (c), Zahoor Khan, Junaid Siddique, Kashif Daud, Waseem Muhammad, Akif Raja, Karthik Meiyappan, Mohammad Boota
Predicted XI: Ahmed Raza (c), Vriitya Aravind (wk), Basil Hameed, Chirag Suri, Junaid Siddique, Muhammad Usman, Chundangapoyil Rizwan, Rohan Mustafa, Waheed Ahmed, Zahoor Khan, Zawar Farid
Oman vs United Arab Emirates Toss Prediction
The team that wins the toss will prefer to bat first.
Pitch and Weather Conditions
The pitch supported both batters and bowlers equally in the first two matches. With heavy wind movement on offer, there will be a lot of lateral swing in the powerplay overs at first.
According to the forecast, clear skies are expected. There will be no rain, and temperatures will range between 25 and 30 degrees Celsius.
Oman vs United Arab Emirates Match Prediction
We’re betting on Oman to win. It has a stronger batting lineup and is also in good form, having recently defeated Namibia.
Oman is the favourite to beat United Arab Emirates at the odds of 1.45.
- Oman has a more powerful batting lineup.
- At the moment, the UAE lacks the depth that Oman possesses.
- Neither team has a particularly strong bowling lineup.
Your ComeOn Recommended Betting Odds
- In the Highest Opening Partnership market, the odds for Oman is 1.66 and that for United Arab Emirates is 2.20. BET NOW!
- In the market for Most Match Sixes in the game, the odds for Oman is 1.82 and that for United Arab Emirates is 2.55. BET NOW!
- In the market for 1st Over Total Runs in the game, the odds for both OVER (3.5) and UNDER (3.5) is 1.85. BET NOW!
- In the market for Most Run Outs in the game, the odds for Oman is 4.00 and that for United Arab Emirates is also 4.00. BET NOW!
- In the market for Century Scored in Match, the odds YES is 3.15 and that for NO is 1.30. BET NOW!
- In the market for Fifty Scored in Match, the odds YES is 1.07 and that for NO is 6.80. BET NOW!
- In the market for Runs At Fall Of 1st Wicket in the game, the odds Over (23.5) is 1.90 and that for Under (23.5) is also 1.90. BET NOW!