Bangladesh has finally won its first match in the T20 World Cup 2021. It was a jittery effort against Oman, but it kept the team in contention for a Super 12 position. It now meets the tenacious Papua New Guinea in an attempt to secure a victory.
PNG has yet to win a single match, therefore the betting odds are heavily stacked in Bangladesh’s advantage. Even though the odds appear to be fairly short, we will continue to look for value in the betting markets for you. On October 21, 2021, the match will be held at the Al Amerat Cricket Ground (Ministry Turf 1) in Al Amerat, Oman.
Match Details to Note
Match: Bangladesh vs Papua New Guinea, 9th Match, Group B, ICC Mens T20 World Cup 2021
Date: October 21, 2021 (Thursday)
Time: 3:30 PM IST
Venue: Al Amerat Cricket Ground (Ministry Turf 1), Al Amerat
Bangladesh vs Papua New Guinea Team Previews
Team Bangladesh made a few of adjustments to its batting order and left a few players out of the playing eleven, but still managed to beat Oman. It wasn’t a particularly strong performance, but it didn’t need to be. Bangladesh needed to win to calm their jitters, and we believe they will be a much better team from now on.
There aren’t going to be many changes from the previous match. Mohammad Naim made an impression at the top of the lineup and should be retained. Look for Total Runs betting markets and wager on Mohammad Naim to go ‘Over’ his par score.
Another player who can bring some betting value is Shakib Al Hasan. He should continue to provide both runs and wickets, thus he is an excellent choice for Man of the Match (a highly rewarding and risky betting market).
We believe Bangladesh’s batting lineup had good intentions when they sought to take the game to Oman in the last match. The same technique will be used against PNG, and we believe it will pay off once more.
When it comes to the ball, Bangladesh’s spinners will be crucial. Mahedi Hasan is our preferred option for the Top Bowler Bangladesh betting market, with a number of left-handers in the PNG lineup.
Bangladesh T20 Squad
Mohammad Naim, Liton Das, Mahedi Hasan, Shakib Al Hasan, Nurul Hasan (wk), Afif Hossain, Mahmudullah (c), Mushfiqur Rahim, Mohammad Saifuddin, Taskin Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman, Shoriful Islam, Shamim Hossain, Nasum Ahmed, Soumya Sarkar
Predicted XI: Liton Das, Mohammad Naim, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah (c), Afif Hossain, Nurul Hasan (wk), Mahedi Hasan, Mohammad Saifuddin, Taskin Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman
This will be PNG’s final match in the 2021 T20 World Cup. They’ve done admirably for a team that is still relatively new to cricket, but they still have a long way to go. PNG was defeated against Oman by 10 wickets, and while it came close against Scotland, a win was never in the cards. We don’t expect them to cause any problems for Bangladesh in this encounter.
PNG’s batting is abysmal, and the team simply lacks the depth to continue attacking for the duration of the game. Its bowling is also rather standard, and it must rely on the other team’s mistakes rather than causing them on its own.
Papua New Guinea T20 Squad
Tony Ura, Lega Siaka, Assad Vala (c), Charles Amini, Sese Bau, Simon Atai, Norman Vanua, Kiplin Doriga (wk), Chad Soper, Nosaina Pokana, Kabua Morea, Hiri Hiri, Gaudi Toka, Jason Kila, Damien Ravu, Jack Gardner
Predicted XI: Tony Ura, Lega Siaka, Assad Vala (c), Charles Amini, Sese Bau, Simon Atai, Norman Vanua, Kiplin Doriga (wk), Chad Soper, Kabua Morea, Nosaina Pokana
Bangladesh vs Papua New Guinea Toss Prediction
The team that wins the toss will want to field first since there may be dew later in the day, making chasing easier.
Pitch and Weather Conditions
Although the pitch will slow down and bring the bowlers into action during the second half of each inning, the circumstances in Abu Dhabi are predicted to be favourable for batting. A score of roughly 150 is considered average. There are no clouds in the sky, and there is no chance of rain.
Bangladesh vs Papua New Guinea Match Prediction
We’re going to put money on Bangladesh to win this match. They’ve calmed their nerves with a crucial victory over Oman; and now they’ll want to flex their muscles before the Super-12 matches.
Bangladesh is the favourite to beat Papua New Guinea at the odds of 1.04.
- In the last game played at Al-Amerat, Bangladesh easily defeated Oman.
- Papua New Guinea was defeated by Scotland in their match on Tuesday.
- Up Bangladesh’s previous match against Oman, Mohammad Naim, Shakib Al Hasan, and Mustafizur Rahman all put in strong performances.
Your ComeOn Recommended Betting Odds
- Mohammad Naim and Liton Das are sharing odds of 3.75 to be the Top Batsman for Bangladesh; while Asad Vala leads for Papua New Guinea with odds of 3.50. BET NOW!
- Mustafizur Rahman and Shakib al Hasan are leading with odds of 3.75 to be the Top Bowler for Bangladesh. BET NOW!
- In the Player of the Match market, Shakib al Hasan is leading with odds of 5.50; and he is followed by Liton Das, Mohammad Naim and Soumya Sarkar with odds of 8.00. BET NOW!
- In the market for the Highest Opening Partnership, the odds for Bangladesh is 1.40; and that for Papua New Guinea is 3.00. BET NOW!
- In the market for Most Match Sixes in the game, the odds for Bangladesh is 1.53; and that for Papua New Guinea is 3.45. BET NOW!
- In the market for Most Match Fours in the game, the odds for Bangladesh is 1.35; and that for Papua New Guinea is 3.65. BET NOW!
- In the market for Most Run Outs in the game, the odds for Bangladesh is 2.95; and that for Papua New Guinea is also 3.90. BET NOW!
- In the market for Team To Make Highest 1st 6 Overs Score in the game, the odds for Bangladesh is 1.28 and that for Papua New Guinea is also 3.75. BET NOW!