England dominated Australia in their previous match, securing a place in the T20 World Cup 2021 semi-finals. It now faces Sri Lanka, who desperately needs to win this game. Sri Lanka was defeated in a thriller by South Africa and now finds itself in a difficult situation. Most games have thus far gone in favour of the favourites, and it is no surprise that all cricket betting sites have England as the clear favourite.
On November 1, 2021, the match will be played at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium in Sharjah.
Match Details to Note
Match: England vs Sri Lanka, 29th Match, Super 12 Group 1, ICC Mens T20 World Cup 2021
Date: November 01, 2021 (Monday)
Time: 7:30 PM IST
Venue: Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah
England vs Sri Lanka Team Previews
Team England, along with Pakistan, has shown an incredible ability to adapt to some pretty tough conditions thus far, and has easily been the most impressive team in the T20 World Cup. It should be noted, however, that England will play its first match in Sharjah, where the conditions will be the most difficult. Sharjah is a place where England can make a mistake against Sri Lanka.
Of course, all of the facts point to England dominating this game. Jason Roy, Jos Buttler, and Jonny Bairstow are all scoring runs at a high rate and in good form. They may struggle on a slower pitch, but they should be more effective than Sri Lanka’s batsmen. There is no doubt that England’s batting lineup has more power and depth, but it may be put to the test if it is forced to bat first and set a target.
England has made excellent use of its diverse bowling attack to exploit match-ups. With a number of left-handers in the top order, Moeen Ali is likely to bat first. As a result, he’s a good bet in this match. Tymal Mills is another bowler to consider for the Top Bowlers Betting Market. In their current form, England is the team to back in any case.
England T20 Squad
Jason Roy, Jos Buttler (wk), Dawid Malan, Jonny Bairstow, Eoin Morgan (c), Liam Livingstone, Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid, Tymal Mills, David Willey, Tom Curran, Mark Wood, Sam Billings
Predicted XI: Jos Buttler (wk), Jason Roy, Dawid Malan, Eoin Morgan (c), Jonny Bairstow, Liam Livingstone, Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid, Tymal Mills
Sri Lanka’s batting struggled against South Africa, with only Pathum Nissanka leading the team to a respectable total. Charith Asalanka has been Sri Lanka’s most impressive batsman in this edition of the T20 World Cup 2021. He has attacked the bowling and is regularly clearing the boundaries. He’s a solid bet in the ‘To Hit A Six’ betting market. Apart from these two, we would avoid betting on the Sri Lankan batsmen.
Wanindu Hasaranga scored a hat-trick, but we don’t think he bowled particularly well. He was fortunate to catch some wickets caught on the boundary. Dushmanth Chameera and Lahiru Kumara (before his disastrous last over) were Sri Lanka’s best bowlers.
Sri Lanka has been a bad T20 team for a long time, so beating England would be a huge accomplishment. Its only chance is to load up on spinners and try to exploit England’s weaknesses.
Sri Lanka T20 Squad
Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Perera (wk), Charith Asalanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Avishka Fernando, Wanindu Hasaranga, Dasun Shanaka (c), Chamika Karunaratne, Dushmantha Chameera, Maheesh Theekshana, Lahiru Kumara, Dhananjaya de Silva, Akila Dananjaya, Binura Fernando, Dinesh Chandimal
Predicted XI: Kusal Perera (wk), Pathum Nissanka, Charith Asalanka, Avishka Fernando, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dasun Shanaka (c), Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Dushmantha Chameera, Maheesh Theekshana, Lahiru Kumara
England vs Sri Lanka Toss Prediction
The team that wins the toss will want to field first. Setting a target has been difficult for English teams, and there may be some dew later as well.
Pitch and Weather Conditions
The conditions are expected to be favourable for spin, and the game may not be particularly high-scoring. In the last two matches played in Sharjah, 140 has proven to be a difficult target to beat. Those were day matches, though, and Afghanistan scored 190 points in a night match. In this match, it might be worth a shot to bet on the Total Score betting market and take a risk.
England vs Sri Lanka Match Prediction
We’re going to bet on England to win this game. Sri Lanka is a dangerous team, and you should not dismiss it completely, but you should also look to hedge your bets when rates are favourable. England has been at a completely different level in this T20 World Cup, and if it plays anywhere near that level, it should win easily.
England is the favourite to beat Sri Lanka at the odds of 1.20.
- Sri Lanka’s previous match, against South Africa, was lost in Sharjah.
- England easily defeated Australia in a game played in Dubai.
- England’s previous match saw excellent performances from Chris Jordan, Jos Buttler, and Chris Woakes.
Your ComeOn Recommended Betting Odds
- Jos Buttler is leading with odds of 3.25 to be the top batsman for England while Kusal Perera leads with odds of 3.60 for Sri Lanka. BET NOW!
- Adil Rashid leads with odds of 3.50 to be the best bowler for England. BET NOW!
- In the Player of the Match market, Jos Buttler leads with odds of 7.00 and he is followed by Jason Roy and Jonny Bairstow with odds of 10.00. BET NOW!
- In the market for the Highest Opening Partnership the odds for England is 1.57 and that for Sri Lanka is 2.37. BET NOW!
- In the market for Most Match Sixes in the game, the odds for England is 1.50 and that for Sri Lanka is 3.50. BET NOW!
- In the market for Most Match Fours in the game, the odds for England is 1.47 and that for Sri Lanka is 3.10. BET NOW!
- In the market for Most Run Outs in the game, the odds for England is 3.00 and that for Sri Lanka is 4.35. BET NOW!
- In the market for Team To Make Highest 1st 6 Overs Score in the game, the odds for England is 1.40 and that for Sri Lanka is 3.00. BET NOW!