India has been eliminated from the T20 World Cup 2021, so this final match against Namibia is meaningless. There is no significance to the entire match, and it is simply about finishing the tournament at this point.
Namibia defeated Scotland in the Super 12 stage, but it would like to add a major scalp to its resume before the tournament is over. India may choose to try out a few different players, but one match will not make a difference. This will also be Virat Kohli’s final match in charge of India’s T20 team.
The match will take place on November 8, 2021, at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium in Dubai.
Match Details to Note
Match: India vs Namibia, 42nd Match, Super 12 Group 2, ICC Mens T20 World Cup 2021
Date: November 08, 2021 (Monday)
Time: 7:30 PM IST
Venue: Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
India vs Namibia Team Previews
Team India was forced to rely on Afghanistan after losing two crucial matches against Pakistan and New Zealand. That did not happen, and India must now look to change a few things. This will be Virat Kohli’s final match as T20 captain, and the team may look to bring in some young players after this game. Perhaps the team’s management will view this game as a farewell to some of their senior players and avoid making too many changes.
The batting lineup should remain largely unchanged, which means more opportunities for KL Rahul, Rohit Sharma, and possibly Virat Kohli to score runs. We’ll be looking for betting markets to support KL Rahul and Rohit Sharma in their quest for runs.
You should also consider betting on the Highest Opening Partnership, Most Powerplay Runs, and Total Sixes. Of course, in all cases, India should be your first choice.
India’s bowling has been disappointing so far in this tournament, but it should be good enough to get past Namibia. India rolled over Scotland on a surface that provided some assistance, and we believe it will do well against Namibia as well.
We anticipate Rahul Chahar to play in this match, most likely in place of Varun Chakravarthy, who has been extremely disappointing.
India T20 Squad
KL Rahul, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli (c), Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant (wk), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Varun Chakaravarthy, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Shardul Thakur, Ishan Kishan, Rahul Chahar
Predicted XI: Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Rishabh Pant (wk), Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Varun Chakravarthy, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya
Namibia is a developing cricketing nation, but it is nowhere near India’s level. We believe it performed admirably when it qualified for the Super-12 and even defeated Scotland. Namibia has a clear lack of batting depth, with only Gergard Erasmus, David Wiese, and Michael van Lingen showing some promise in the T20 World Cup so far.
Namibia’s bowling lineup is also very weak, and we don’t expect it to pose much of a challenge to India. In this match, you don’t want to bet on the Namibian bowlers.
Namibia T20 Squad
Stephan Baard, Craig Williams, Gerhard Erasmus (c), Zane Green (wk), David Wiese, JJ Smit, Jan Frylinck, Michael van Lingen, Jan Nicol Loftie-Eaton, Ruben Trumpelmann, Ben Shikongo, Bernard Scholtz, Pikky Ya France, Michau du Preez, Karl Birkenstock
Predicted XI: Gerhard Erasmus (c), Stephan Baard, Craig Williams, David Wiese, JJ Smit, Zane Green (wk), Michael van Lingen, Karl Birkenstock, Jan Nicol Loftie-Eaton, Ruben Trumpelmann, Bernard Scholtz
India vs Namibia Toss Prediction
Ten games have been played at this venue, and only once has a team won by batting first. It’s a great place to chase scores because the batting conditions improve in the second innings. As a result, the team that wins the toss will have no hesitation in bowling first.
Pitch and Weather Conditions
The Dubai International Cricket Stadium is a large venue, but the fast outfield and flat wicket make it easy for batsmen to score runs. Fast bowlers have struggled here with little help from the surface. Given the assistance provided by the wicket, spinners perform admirably.
On November 8, the weather in Dubai is expected to be warm and humid. In the last few games, the wicket has produced a lot of runs, with the ball coming onto the bat nicely. On this track, the team that bats first would need 170 runs to feel safe.
India vs Namibia Match Prediction
Namibia would face a significant challenge in this situation. In this tournament, the majority of their players got their first taste of competitive cricket. The team has talent, but they will need to rise to the occasion in this game. The Indians will be buoyed by their two decisive victories. Their bowlers and top-order appear to be in excellent form, making them favourites to win this game.
India is the favourite to beat Namibia at the odds of 1.01.
- In the last two games, Indian openers Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul have combined for 223 runs.
- India has won big against Afghanistan and Scotland in the last two games and appears to be in great shape.
- Namibia has struggled against higher-ranked teams, and the majority of their key players have been inconsistent.
Your ComeOn Recommended Betting Odds
- KL Rahul is leading with odds of 3.50 to be the top batsman for India and for Namibia Craig Williams, David Wiese, Gerhard Erasmus and Stephan Baard are leading with odds of 5.00 each. BET NOW!
- Jasprit Bumrah leads with odds of 3.25 to be the top bowler for India and Bhubneswar Kumar follow him with the odds of 4.35. BET NOW!
- In the Player of the Match market, Virat Kohli is leading with odds of 5.50 and KL Rahul is following him with the odds of 6.00. BET NOW!
- In the market for the Highest Opening Partnership the odds for India is 1.28 and that for Namibia is 3.50. BET NOW!
- In the market for Most Match Sixes in the game, the odds for India is 1.28 and that for Namibia is 5.65. BET NOW!
- In the market for Most Match Fours in the game, the odds for India is 1.18 and that for Namibia is 6.10. BET NOW!
- In the market for Most Run Outs in the game, the odds for India is 2.70 and that for Namibia is 4.45. BET NOW!
- In the market for Team To Make Highest 1st 6 Overs Score in the game, the odds for India is 1.14 and that for Namibia is 5.50. BET NOW!