Everyone in the group will be watching the following match between Sri Lanka and Ireland. Both teams have won their opening matches, and a second victory would almost certainly ensure a place in the Super-12. There is no question that Sri Lanka will be the obvious favourite in this match, but is there any potential for an upset? Ireland has a history of causing upsets in previous World Cups, and Sri Lanka is not the strongest of teams!
On October 20, 2021, the match will be held at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi.
Match Details to Note
Match: Sri Lanka vs Ireland, 8th Match, Group A, ICC Mens T20 World Cup 2021
Date: October 20, 2021 (Wednesday)
Time: 7:30 PM IST
Venue: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Sri Lanka vs Ireland Team Previews
Sri Lanka stumbled a little against Namibia, but finally got the job done fairly easily. We don’t think the team management would have been pleased with the top order’s batting, but its bowling was excellent.
We anticipate that Sri Lanka will continue to perform well against Ireland. It possesses the batting depth required to score the necessary runs to win. Of course, Ireland’s bowling is superior to Namibia’s, but players like Kusal Perera, Dasun Shanaka, and Avishka Fernando should be able to compensate.
From a betting standpoint, we believe that betting against Kusal Perera is the best option because he is out of form, while Avishka Fernando is merely maintaining his strong form and can be depended on to score well once more.
Given the difficulties Ireland has faced in the past against wrist spinners, Wanindu Hasaranga is our selection for the Top Bowler Sri Lanka betting market.
Sri Lanka T20 Squad
Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Perera (wk), Dinesh Chandimal, Avishka Fernando, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dasun Shanaka (c), Chamika Karunaratne, Wanindu Hasaranga, Dushmantha Chameera, Maheesh Theekshana, Lahiru Kumara, Dhananjaya de Silva, Akila Dananjaya, Binura Fernando, Charith Asalanka
Predicted XI: Kusal Perera (wk), Pathum Nissanka, Dinesh Chandimal, Avishka Fernando, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dasun Shanaka (c), Chamika Karunaratne, Wanindu Hasaranga, Dushmantha Chameera, Maheesh Theekshana, Lahiru Kumara
Ireland will be ecstatic after thrashing the Netherlands in their previous encounter, but this task is very different. We don’t think Ireland’s batting is very good against spinners, and we believe it will struggle. Everything, in our opinion, is dependent on Andrew Balbirnie’s performances, while Harry Tector and Paul Stirling are also players to keep an eye on.
Still, when it comes to betting, we would advise against betting on Ireland’s batting. It simply isn’t dependable enough.
Ireland’s bowling assault is pretty good. Curtis Camphor has made headlines for taking four wickets in four deliveries, but we believe Little is far superior. He and Simi Singh should be the only bowlers you regard to be the match’s top bowlers.
Ireland T20 Squad
Paul Stirling, Kevin O Brien, Andrew Balbirnie (c), Gareth Delany, Curtis Campher, Harry Tector, Neil Rock (wk), Simi Singh, Mark Adair, Benjamin White, Joshua Little, George Dockrell, Craig Young, Andy McBrine, Lorcan Tucker
Predicted XI: Paul Stirling, Kevin O Brien, Andrew Balbirnie (c), Gareth Delany, Harry Tector, Curtis Campher, Neil Rock (wk), Simi Singh, Mark Adair, Benjamin White, Joshua Little
Sri Lanka vs Ireland Toss Prediction
The team that wins the toss will want to bat first. Later in the game, there is considerable dew, and chasing may be a great benefit.
Pitch and Weather Conditions
The circumstances will be ideal for batting. The pitch is excellent at first and gradually slows down. Getting runs in the powerplay is critical, even if it means losing a few wickets. The side with the superior spinners (in this scenario, Sri Lanka) will undoubtedly have an edge.
Sri Lanka vs Ireland Match Prediction
We’re going to bet on Sri Lanka to win and easily qualify for the Super 12 stage. It has the batting ability to win, is more comfortable in the conditions of the match, and possesses a superior group of spinners.
Sri Lanka is the favourite to beat Ireland at the odds of 1.40.
- Both Sri Lanka and Ireland have two points from their first-round victories.
- Sri Lanka had previously won their lone T20I match in the 2009 T20I World Cup.
- Ireland recently defeated major nations such as the West Indies, South Africa, Bangladesh, and Zimbabwe.
Your ComeOn Recommended Betting Odds
- Opening batsman for Sri Lanka, Kusal Perera leads to be the team Top Batsman with odds of 3.50 while Dinesh Chandimal follows with 4.50 odds in the same market. BET NOW!
- For Ireland, Paul Stirling has 3.40 odds to be the Top Batsman while Andrew Balbirnie and Kevin O’Brien share 4.50 odds in the same market. BET NOW!
- Wanindu Hasaranga is priced at 3.50 odds to be the top Sri Lanka bowler. BET NOW!
- In the Player of the Match market Kusal Perera is leading with odds of 7.50 and he is followed by Bhanuka Rajapaksa (SL), Dinesh Chandimal (SL), Paul Stirling (Ire) and Wanidu Hasaranga (SL) with odds of 10.00 each. BET NOW!
- In the market for the Highest Opening Partnership the odds for Sri Lanka is 1.66 and that for Ireland is 2.20. BET NOW!
- In the market for Most Match Sixes in the game, the odds for Sri Lanka is 1.90 and that for Ireland is 2.40. BET NOW!
- In the market for Most Match Fours in the game, the odds for Sri Lanka is 1.75 and that for Ireland is 2.30. BET NOW!
- In the market for Most Run Outs in the game, the odds for Sri Lanka is 3.40 and that for Ireland is also 3.40. BET NOW!
- In the market for Team To Make Highest 1st 6 Overs Score in the game, the odds for Sri Lanka is 1.57 and that for Ireland is also 2.37. BET NOW!